Line Producer (Video + Photo) - Starfish
- Brooklyn, NY
- Full Time
- Starfish Projects
- Mid Level
Who You Are
You’re a born organizer and a believer in healthy process. You admire efficiency and quality creative equally. You get your kicks advocating for good ideas while keeping things running like clockwork. You anticipate milestones and get ahead of roadblocks. You’re that rare transcendent being that lives at the corner of driven and personable. You’re the Producer we’re looking for, and we want you on our team.
Who We Are
Starfish is a Brooklyn based production company integrated into our parent company Madwell, a 360 advertising agency. We’re a tight-knit team of creative talents and no-bull producers who turn ideas into conversation changing content. We tell stories, we take pictures, we make films, we have many arms.
What You’ll Do
As a Producer at Starfish, you are a true production hybrid. You’ll be working alongside our Executive Producer to bring photo and video masterpieces to life for our clients, breaking down scripts and creative to create and manage bid budgets and schedules, assemble crew, production manage, and close projects. As Starfish is a young production company you’ll wear a variety of hats as a client-facing producer, line producer, and production manager depending on the given project and day.
- Work across all of Starfish's production verticals, primarily photo and video
- Support all phases of production; from brainstorm to pre-pro to execution and post
- Create, dissect and review client briefs for feasibility and scope
- Develop bids, production plans, contracts and SOWs
- Manage the bidding process, budget and creative
- Manage multiple projects at one time and communicate details proactively
- Manage production timelines and work back schedules for on-time delivery of all projects
- Facilitate all communication, meetings, and status updates to ensure all stakeholders have key information before they ask for it
- Host client and new business calls to ensure efficient use of time and achieving goals
- Manage internal teams
- Manage crew and equipment contractors and vendors, including crew sourcing, on-boarding, and payroll management (i.e. CAPS/Wrapbook)
- Book travel as necessary
- Draft Call Sheets and Production Reports
- Enter all Production Costs in Production Trackers
- Direct production management experience in the capacity of line producer or production manager, for jobs big and small
- Extensive experience breaking down scripts and creative to build bids and budgets in either Hot Budget, Showbiz, Movie Magic or similar
- Knowledge of union and non-union rules and rates
- Some knowledge of payroll processes (Wrapbook, CAPS, etc)
- Highly developed client-facing and inter-agency communication skills
- An unshakeable desire to keep things organized against all odds
- Interest in various forms of media with a love of good creative
- An easy, thoughtful manner
- An eagerness to take on new challenges, grow, and learn
- The ability to clearly articulate your ideas, both verbally and in written form
Where You’ve Been
- 3-5 years years as a video producer, production manager, or agency producer with direct line production experience.
Interested? Please Send Us:
- Your resume
- A quick bullet point outline of how you meet our Must-Haves
- A nontraditional cover letter letting us know why you want in on Starfish
Our Diversity Commitment
We celebrate diversity in our employees and we’re committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace environment where we all can thrive. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage future team members from traditionally underrepresented and underserved communities to apply.
No phone calls or recruiters please.