Who We Are
We’re Madwell, a full-service creative agency headquartered in sunny Bushwick with sister offices in Denver and Hong Kong. Get to know us at Madwell.com.
Who You Are
You love social media and internet culture. Memes are your preferred method of communication. You know how to strike the right ‘tone’ online to stir conversation, positivity and brand love.
You’re also a gamer. Whether you’re a PC, console or mobile gamer - we don’t judge - as long as you know what’s what. You can talk the talk and surface trends and because you live it, day in and day out.
And this isn’t your first rodeo. You have enough front-line community management experience to take the wheel on a major account, with a client who’s high on the Fortune 500.
Most of all, you’re excited to be part of a fully integrated, wildly creative ecosystem here at Madwell. You appreciate the fact that creativity is most powerful when fueled by diversity of thought, experience, and perspective, and that agency culture is healthiest when people are empowered to show up authentically.
What You’ll Do
As a Community Manager at Madwell, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the voice and spirit of a high-profile, gaming-specific client. You’ll shape the brand voice in real time, through 1:1 dialogue on Reddit, Twitter, Youtube and Twitch, and you’ll help define the how, when and where of content and community engagement. You’ll also work across new business and start up clients, where you’ll have the opportunity to build brands through 1:1 social dialogue and your deep social expertise.
Specifically, you’ll be:
- Posting, responding and activating real time content and conversation on social media
- Collaborating on briefs and requests for social posts
- Working in real time as a community manager on major activations and events
- Working together with production and account teams to ensure that all social content is final, flawless and published on time
- Owning community management plans, playbooks and guidelines
- Collaborating on social strategy and client-ready presentations
- Surfacing cultural and partnership opportunities with influencers as they arise
- Identifying and actioning on real time trends and opportunities
- Offering on the ground support for experiential events and real time campaigns, even on the weekends
- Excellent writing skills
- Credibility with and passion for the gaming community
- Excellent understanding of social media platforms - Reddit, Twitter, and Twitch, specifically - including their respective strengths, nuances, success metrics, and relevant demographics
- Prior community management experience for a large brand or demonstrable experience building personal online personas or accounts with strong engagement
- Proven success working in fast-paced, super-collaborative team environment
- Ambition: a self-starter with a team-oriented spirit
- Warm and effective communication skills, especially with clients
- A critical eye for detail
- A self-starter, full of ambition and initiative in bringing new social tactics to the table
- Experience with Sprinklr and / or additional CM tools a plus
- Past community management experience on Reddit, Twitch or Discord
- Prior agency experience is preferred
Where You’ve Been
- 1-3 years of experience in a social media role on a major brand or agency
What We Offer
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including a subscription to One Medical
- Generous vacation policy, plus the week off between Christmas and New Year's
- Retirement plan with matching
- Performance-based bonuses
- 12 weeks paid parental leave as a proud member of Pledge PL, plus 4 weeks of optional flexible work arrangements
- Commuter benefits
- Team and company outings and events
- Monday morning brunch, free snacks, and coffee & beer on tap
- Pet-friendly offices
Interested? Please Send Us:
- Your resume
- A nontraditional cover letter letting us know why you want in on Madwell
Our Diversity Commitment
We celebrate diversity in our employees and we’re committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace environment where we all can thrive. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage future Madwellians from traditionally underrepresented and underserved communities to apply.
No phone calls or recruiters please.