Who You Are
You’re a clarity-bringer. You can find confidence in confusion and can tease stories from the static. A master of the Copy discipline, you care as much about creative excellence as sensible process, efficiency, and the wellbeing of teams both internal and external. You lead by example, and that example is one of adaptability, proactivity, and positivity. You’re the ACD we’ve been looking for, and we want you on our team.
What You’ll Do
As an ACD at Madwell, you’ll be responsible for helping to extract smart work across disciplines. Working closely with your managing ECD and a variety of creative teams day to day, you’ll provide constructive and actionable direction to the creative team, troubleshoot and vet the fidelity of the work, and interface with clients to synthesize feedback into action. Together with your AMs and PMs, you’ll maintain a close understanding of resourcing, process, and the health of the account, maintaining a can-do spirit along the way.
- Guide cross-disciplinary teams toward the best possible work through sound, clear direction
- Provide constructive, actionable feedback to all members of the team, regardless of primary discipline
- Synthesize the work of creative, strategy, media, and more
- Establish warm, confident client relationships and build trust with the client team (aka you need to be cool talking to clients!)
- Help translate client feedback into clear next steps, often with Accounts and/or Production
- Provide creative leadership on existing business and new business pitches
- When needed, flex and act as a Senior Copywriter and creative thinker on assignments
- Demonstrated excellence in the Copywriting discipline
- Exhibited strengths in conceptual thinking paired with a willingness to improve in areas where you may have less experience
- Experience creating advertising campaigns across multiple channels, be it a singular stunt, a campaign, or an entire communications strategy for a brand
- Fluency across mediums; able to think and create in a medium-agnostic way
- Superior strategic judgment
- Excellent communication skills; must be comfortable representing the work to clients in all mediums and engaging with clients
- Business acumen and a willingness to incorporate that knowledge into the work
- Phenomenal work ethic
- Empathy for your internal team, the client, and the client’s consumers
- Comfort dealing with complex critical feedback in a way that allows you to maintain decorum and professionalism...maybe even crack a joke
Where You’ve Been
- 5-7+ years working as a Copywriter/Sr Copywriter in a creative agency setting on major brands
- 1-2+ years working as an ACD
Interested? Please Send Us:
- Your resume
- A nontraditional cover letter letting us know why you want in on Madwell
We’re Madwell, a full-service creative agency headquartered in sunny Bushwick with sister offices in Denver and Hong Kong. Get to know us at Madwell.com.
Our Diversity Commitment
We celebrate diversity in our employees and we’re committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace environment where we all can thrive. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage future Madwellians from traditionally underrepresented and underserved communities to apply.
No phone calls or recruiters please.