Who We Are
We’re Madwell, a full-service creative agency headquartered in sunny Bushwick, Brooklyn with sister offices in Denver, Hong Kong, and your living room. Get to know us at Madwell.com.
Who You Are
You can write. Well. A lot. Fast. You’re equal parts generous communicator and sharp strategic mind. You have more ideas than you know what to do with, and you live to unleash them on the nearest puzzle. While you love to work hard doing what you love, you may just value the people you work with even more. You’re the Copywriter we’ve been looking for, and we want you on our team.
What You’ll Do
As a Copywriter at Madwell, you’ll be ideating and writing across mediums. You’ll be responsible for the quality and integrity of your work from concept to delivery, maintaining your core message all along the way. Working across a variety of workstreams on some of our largest and most disruptive accounts, you’ll work closely with partners in design, strategy, social, media, development, and others to get your message through. This role is based in our Brooklyn, New York office, but will remain flexible/remote until December 2021.
Specifically, you’ll be:
- Ideating and writing cross-medium copy
- Brainstorming creative concepts consistent with client briefs and expectations
- Developing decks and presenting your work in collaboration with your teams
- Helping to unearth strategic insights and working with your teams to convert them into compelling creative
- Hitting the bullseye on brand voice and tone again and again—and able to extend and deepen the brand voice when the occasion calls for it
- Combing your work (and others’) for logic, grammar, and consistency
- Completing all assigned work on deadline and regularly communicating status updates to managers and teammates
- The ultimate command of the English language (words salute you)
- Proven ability to effortlessly flex and bend your tone to support any product or brand
- Comfortable representing yourself, your team, and your ideas in front of a group
- The eager, stubborn resolve needed to come at a problem again and again from different angles
- Wise to the nature of writing in advertising (with the thick skin to prove it)
- Even-keeled under pressure
- A tireless work ethic and sense of professional pride and purpose
- Still in possession of a “Wouldn’t it be cool if…” outlook on life
- Equal parts confidence, humility, and desire to learn
- An objectively awesome human being
What We Offer
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including a subscription to One Medical
- Generous vacation policy
- Retirement plan with matching
- Performance-based bonuses
- 12 weeks paid parental leave as a proud member of Pledge Parental Leave
- Commuter benefits
- Team and company outings and events
- Monday morning brunch, free snacks, and coffee & beer on tap
- Pet-friendly offices
Where You’ve Been
- 3-5 years of professional writing experience; agency experience is preferred but not required
Interested? Please Send Us:
- Your CV
- A nontraditional cover letter that involves zero copy-paste. We’re humans. Write to us.
- A link to your portfolio
Our Diversity Commitment
We celebrate diversity in our employees and we’re committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace environment where we all can thrive. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage future Madwellians from traditionally underrepresented and underserved communities to apply.
No phone calls or recruiters please.