Who We Are
We’re Madwell, a full-service creative agency headquartered in sunny Bushwick with sister offices in Denver and Hong Kong. Get to know us at Madwell.com
Who You Are
You’re a critical thinker gifted with a healthy dose of curiosity, intellect, and vision. You’re a strategist because you love solving complex problems, and you understand the value of agility, inclusivity, and audacity in developing transformational ideas. You’re excited to be part of a fully integrated, wildly creative ecosystem, and have an entrepreneurial spirit that will allow you to leverage our capabilities in new ways. You appreciate the fact that creativity is most powerful when fueled by diversity of thought, experience, and perspective, and that agency culture is healthiest when people are empowered to show up authentically.
What You’ll Do
As a Freelance Brand Strategy Director at Madwell you’ll balance your time between rolling up your sleeves to collaborate with your internal colleagues and working directly with the client to inspire, nurture, and champion work that gets results. You’ll be a strategic leader on everything related to the client’s business, brand, and target audience, and you’ll routinely identify new opportunities and insights to inspire our team. As an experienced strategist, you’ll utilize our existing tools and processes while adding your own unique expertise to ours, advancing the role of strategy across the agency and leading and mentoring others along the way.
Specifically, you’ll be:
- Developing, refining, and documenting brand and campaign strategies across 1-2 larger accounts while supporting other smaller accounts
- Listening to our client’s business needs, and delivering strategies that meet and exceed their objectives and KPIs
- Proactively communicating with clients, colleagues, partners, prospects, and candidates to generate winning outcomes
- Uncovering and interpreting relevant cross-cultural and social trends with a focus on driving brand initiatives across multiple communities
- Provide thought leadership around cross-cultural consumer marketing based on data driven insights
- Fostering a deeper understanding of consumer insights and behaviors and leading the development of consumer profiles for client, creative and strategy teams
- Overseeing, and conducting if necessary, qualitative and quantitative research including interviews, focus groups, experimental design, or other innovative methodologies
- Uncovering new and unexpected insights and data from resources including Google Analytics, MRI, GWI, and other platforms, and weaving them into compelling stories
- Collaborating with Media and Comms teams to identify innovative ways to connect with relevant audiences throughout the customer journey
- Keeping a team of strategists, colleagues, partners, and clients focused, on-task, and excited about their role in a complex initiative
- Deep yet varied experience across many aspects of strategy: brand, comms, social, paid media, experiential, digital, go to market, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of consumer insight tools and resources
- Proven ability to build and document brand and marketing strategies
- Experience working with and advising VP and executive level clients
Where You’ve Been
- 8+ years of experience working in strategy or account planning either in a creative agency setting or on the brand side. Preference on being at a strategy director position in recent years.
- Proven success in leading multidisciplinary teams to deliver the highest quality work
Interested? Please Send Us:
- Your resume
- A nontraditional cover letter letting us know why you want in on Madwell
Our Diversity Commitment
We celebrate diversity in our employees and we’re committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace environment where we all can thrive. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage future Madwellians from traditionally underrepresented and underserved communities to apply.
No phone calls or recruiters please.