Who You Are
You love social media and internet culture. Memes are your preferred method of communication. You know how to strike the right ‘tone’ online to stir conversation, positivity and brand love.
You’re also a gamer. Whether you’re a PC, console or mobile gamer - we don’t judge - as long as you know what’s what. You can talk the talk and surface trends and because you live it, day in and day out.
And this isn’t your first rodeo. You have enough front-line community management experience to take the wheel on a major account, with a client who’s high on the Fortune 500.
You're the Community Manager we're looking for and we want you on our team.
What You’ll Do
As a Community Manager at Madwell, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the voice and spirit of a high-profile, gaming-specific client. You’ll shape the brand voice in real time, through 1:1 dialogue on Reddit, Twitter, Youtube and Twitch, and you’ll help define the how, when and where of content and community engagement. This position is based in Brooklyn, New York but will remain remote until July 2021.
Specifically, you’ll be:
- Managing your client’s social community through timely response to customer and fan messages in the brand’s specific voice
- Surfacing new communities, subreddits and conversations of interest
- Guiding content recommendations that shape our holistic social planning
- Collaborating on briefs and requests for social posts
- Working in real time as a community manager on major activations and events
- Working together with production and account teams to ensure that all social content is final, flawless and published on time
- Researching category trends and authoring client-facing newsletters that flex our agency thought leadership
- Credibility with and passion for the gaming community
- Excellent understanding of social media platforms - Reddit, Twitter, and Twitch, specifically - including their respective strengths, nuances, success metrics, and relevant demographics
- Prior community management experience for a large brand or demonstrable experience building personal online personas or accounts with strong engagement
- Proven success working in fast-paced, super-collaborative team environment
- Ambition: a self-starter with a team-oriented spirit
- Warm and effective communication skills, especially with clients
- A critical eye for detail
- Experience with Sprinklr and / or additional CM tools a plus
- Past community management experience on Reddit and Twitch
- Prior agency experience is preferred
What We Offer
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including a subscription to One Medical
- Generous vacation policy
- Retirement plan with matching
- Performance-based bonuses
- 12 weeks paid parental leave as a proud member of Pledge Parental Leave
- Commuter benefits
- Team and company outings and events
- Monday morning brunch, free snacks, and coffee & beer on tap
- Pet-friendly offices
Where You’ve Been
- 1-3 years of experience in a social media role on a major brand or agency
Interested? Please Send Us:
- Your resume
- A nontraditional cover letter letting us know why you want in on Madwell
Our Diversity Commitment
We celebrate diversity in our employees and we’re committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace environment where we all can thrive. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage future Madwellians from traditionally underrepresented and underserved communities to apply.
No phone calls or recruiters please.