Who You Are
You’re obsessively analytical and strategic by nature. You know how to develop effective strategies and lead day-to-day execution of those strategies perfectly across all channels. With your clear mental map of the 360 media landscape and so-smooth communication skills, you know just how to bring clients and teammates along for the ride.
What You’ll Do
At Madwell, we believe the message and medium are deeply intertwined, and as Media Director, you’ll be leading the creation of bespoke media plans that can spark or elevate a creative idea. You dive deeply into consumer journeys and understand the right moments for a brand message to make an impact. You’ll work directly with clients to manage and grow their accounts and contribute to new business. You’ll also help lead the growth of our Paid Media team, provide thought leadership and drive overall strategy and execution.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Driving innovative paid media strategy and client relationships across accounts, including developing a complete and nuanced understanding of each individual client’s goals, expectations, markets, and needs.
- Leading the conversation about best practices, new opportunities, and new creative solutions for our clients while setting expectations with them based on sound strategy.
- Synthesizing results into key insights and trends in a meaningful and innovative way to tell a cohesive performance story that answers client needs.
- Managing a paid media team, encouraging higher levels of execution with goal-based leadership, empowering coaching, and consistent thought leadership.
- Collaborating across teams to share ideas, communicate our service offerings, and ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work.
- A strategic thinker who can craft effective (and unexpected) paid media strategy, and can propose and defend media spend across all channels, offline and digital, while mapping to the consumer journey.
- Excellent understanding of all media platforms, including their respective strengths, nuances, success metrics, and relevant demographics.
- A self-starter and creative problem solver, who takes initiative in bringing new media thinking and pushing the media strategy to create greater potency for the creative idea.
- Strong analytical skills, with experience in audience segmentation and sizing, A/B testing, media forecasting, customer profitability analysis (lifetime value), media mix modeling, conversion attribution analysis, and ROI/ROAS measurement.
- Able to balance a strong point of view with an ability to listen, learn and adapt.
- A proven track record in demonstrating the abilities outlined within this job description.
- Must be located within commuting distance of our Denver or Brooklyn office, and able to come into one of our offices twice a week on Tuesday + Thursday every week.
Tools You Use
- Media consumption/behavior (e.g. Resonate, MRI Simmons)
- Nielsen Media Impact
- Competitive research (e.g. Vivvix or Nielsen Ad Intel)
- Google Analytics
Where You’ve Been
- 8+ years of integrated, cross channel paid media experience (paid search, display, social, programmatic, mobile, video or affiliate), direct marketing, or e-commerce
- Demonstrated experience managing and growing teams
- An ability to dive deep into the female and/or mom audience mindset.
- Past experience working in CPG and/or big box retail
Lines of Report
- Reporting to: Group Media Director
- Direct reports include: Media Supervisor, Media Planner, Associate Planner
- Has an independent spirit and takes initiative to experiment
- Demonstrates an open mindset
- Engages with empathy and embodies a work ethic that makes us stronger when we work together
- Covers for others when necessary and lifts where others cannot
- Recognizes that sameness is not a strength and supports and welcomes a diverse perspective
Our Diversity Commitment
We celebrate diversity in our employees and we’re committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace environment where we all can thrive. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Madwell we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Salary Band: $130,000 - $150,000
* This is a hybrid role, you must be located within commuting distance of Brooklyn, NY or Denver, CO to be considered for this role.*