Who You Are
You write. Well. A lot. Fast. But you’re more than a born writer: you’ve got a strategic mind, and you live for a good puzzle. You have more ideas than you know what to do with, and while you love to work hard doing what you love, you value the people you work with even more. You’re the copywriter we’ve been looking for, and we want you on our team.
What You’ll Do
Madwell is a full-service agency, so as a Madwell copywriter, you’ll ideate and write for every possible printed or pixelated surface. You’ll take ownership over the quality and integrity of your work from concept to delivery, working in multiple mediums while maintaining your message along the way. As part of a series of cross-disciplinary client teams, you’ll work closely with design, strategy, social, media, development, and others to get that message through.
Specifically, you’ll be:
- Brainstorming creative concepts consistent with client briefs and expectations
- Helping to develop strategic insights and working with your teams to convert them into compelling creative
- Writing copy for just about any medium needed while ensuring your work is always on tone, on brand, and on time
- Adhering to (and even developing) a brand’s voice and tone guidelines
- Contributing to new business pitches and proposals as needed
- Safeguarding the integrity of the language by combing your work (and others’) for logic, grammar, and consistency
- Completing all assigned work on deadline and regularly communicating status updates to managers and teammates
- The ultimate command of the English language. Words salute you.
- Proven ability to effortlessly flex and bend your tone to support any product or brand
- Comfortable representing yourself, your team, and your ideas in front of a group
- The eager, stubborn resolve needed to come at a problem again and again from different angles
- Wise to the nature of writing in advertising (with the thick skin to prove it)
- Even-keeled under pressure
- A tireless work ethic and sense of professional pride and purpose
- Still in possession of a “Wouldn’t it be cool if…” outlook on life
- Equal parts confidence, humility, and desire to learn
- An objectively awesome human being
Where You’ve Been
5+ years of professional writing experience; agency experience is preferred but not required
Interested? Send Us:
- Your CV
- A nontraditional cover letter that involves zero copy-paste. We’re humans. Write to us.
- A link to your portfolio
We’re Madwell, a full-service creative agency located in sunny Bushwick, Brooklyn.