Who You Are
You’re a critical thinker gifted with a healthy dose of curiosity, intellect and vision. You’re a strategist because you love solving complex problems and take a ‘can-do’ approach in your work that makes way for innovation. Your deep consumer knowledge allows you to distill complex data, then step back to tell a clear and compelling story for clients and your teammates alike. Moreover, you’re passionate about marketing to communities of color and underserved communities in an authentic way. You’re excited to develop practices that lead Madwell’s efforts to create more inclusive marketing campaigns.
What You’ll Do
As Strategy Director at Madwell in our Brooklyn office, you’ll be responsible for developing strategies across the entire lifecycle of our most important client accounts. This includes initial brand strategy or positioning strategy, ongoing campaigns communications, creative briefing, and one-off activations.
You’ll balance your time between rolling up your sleeves to work with your internal colleagues and working directly with the client to sell, promote, and defend our work. You’ll be our in-house expert on everything related to the client’s business, brand, and target audience and you’ll routinely identify new opportunities and insights to inspire our team.
As an experienced strategist, you’ll utilize our existing tools and processes while adding your own unique expertise to ours, leading and mentoring others along the way.
Specifically, you’ll be:
- Be the strategic leads across 1-2 large accounts, while supporting other project-based clients and new business projects as time allows
- Help our clients achieve their business goals with sharp, actionable strategies, with the smarts to defend your work, the humility to accept feedback, and the confidence to push back on the client when warranted
- Act as the internal shepherd of strategy through creative development, production, and launch
- Uncovering and interpreting relevant cross-cultural and social trends with a focus on driving brand initiatives across multiple communities
- Dive into our audiences, developing and maintaining the consumer profile with a mix of qualitative and quantitative data you've discovered and decoded
- Mapping the customer experience through journey maps, and develop appropriate communications plans to reach them
- Overseeing, and conducting if necessary, primary field research including interview, focus groups, or other innovative methodologies
- Analyzing data, including Simmons, Google Analytics, client sales data, and other first-party, third-party or syndicated data
- Collaborating with Media and Social teams on strategic planning and mapping messaging and creative needs to media plans
- Mentor and manage 1-2 additional strategists, with the opportunity for increasing management responsibility over time
- Experience at a Director level with brand planning across multi-year client relationships
- Previous experience managing brands with multiple product lines or sub brands
- Demonstrated success bringing work from insight to campaign to post campaign results and optimization
- Experience navigating creative testing and helping clients to interpret results
- Strong working knowledge of consumer insight tools, data, and resources (Simmons, web analytics, qualitative research)
- Proven ability to build and document brand and marketing strategies
- Experience working with VP and executive level clients
Where You’ve Been
- 5-8+ years working as a strategist or account planner either in a creative agency setting or brand-side. At least 4 of those should be at an agency
Our Nice To Haves
- Experience in any of the following categories: CPG beverage, Better-for-you brands, mom and baby, or wellness categories
- Experience with DTC or brand launch planning also nice to have
Interested? Please Send Us:
- Your resume
- A nontraditional cover letter letting us know why you want in on Madwell
Get To Know Us
We’re Madwell, a full-service creative agency with offices in Bushwick, New York and Denver, Colorado. Get to know us at madwell.com.
Our Diversity Commitment
We celebrate diversity in our employees and we’re committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace environment where we all can thrive. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage future Madwellians from traditionally underrepresented and underserved communities to apply.
No phone calls or recruiters please.