Who We Are
We’re Madwell, a full-service creative agency headquartered in sunny Bushwick with sister offices in Denver and Hong Kong. Get to know us at Madwell.com.
Who You Are
You’re a critical thinker gifted with a healthy dose of curiosity, intellect, and vision. Data driven and performance-obsessed, you can seamlessly weave an insight across all relevant touchpoints in a brand’s ecosystem. You understand the power of paid channels in terms of targeting and optimization, but you know that comms is more than media efficiency alone. Above all, you’re excited to be part of a fully integrated, wildly creative ecosystem.
What You’ll Do
As a Strategy Director, Comms Planning, you'll author cohesive channel planning, identifying the critical engagements that must occur along the user journey to most effectively unlock behavior change and exceed our clients’ business goals. You'll help build the connective tissue between creative vision and media execution to maximize the success of every campaign you touch.
This role is based in our Brooklyn, New York office, but will remain remote until December 2021.
Specifically, you’ll be:
- Creating cohesive and inspiring communications strategies and frameworks across complex and expansive campaign ecosystems
- Giving clients unshakable confidence that our work will be delivered within available media budgets
- Authoring strategically provocative role of communications and defining our communications in a way that unlocks creativity
- Guiding and implementing audience work and brand profiles using MRI, GWI and Helixa
- Overseeing campaign execution both internally and externally within an IAT setting
- Working collaboratively with brand strategy and creative directors to ensure all touchpoints marry each brand’s purpose and vision
- Driving teams to think differently about how to leverage existing and emerging channels
- Listening to our client's business needs, and delivering strategies that meet and exceed their objectives and KPIs
- Managing a team of social and comms strategists
- Leading across a range of brands that have category disruptor in their DNA
- Experience rolling up your sleeves to create audience profiles and unlock data-driven insights alongside brand strategy
- Excellent deck-building and presentation skills
- Experience contributing to holistic media plans, with the ability to speak to how each touchpoint fits within a channel strategy
- Experience working with VP and executive level clients
- Strong knowledge of consumer insight tools and resources (Simmons, web analytics, Google Analytics)
- Desire to work in a creatively-driven environment
Where You’ve Been
- 9+ years in comms, social or media strategy
- Experience working at a media agency is preferred but not required
- Agency experience required
- Experience managing or directing media budgets and flighting plans
What We Offer
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including a subscription to One Medical
- Generous vacation policy, plus the week off between Christmas and New Year's
- Retirement plan with matching
- Performance-based bonuses
- 12 weeks paid parental leave as a proud member of Pledge PL, plus 4 weeks of optional flexible work arrangements
- Commuter benefits
- Team and company outings and events
- Monday morning brunch, free snacks, and coffee & beer on tap
- Pet-friendly offices
Interested? Please Send Us:
- Your resume
- A nontraditional cover letter letting us know why you want in on Madwell
Our Diversity Commitment
We celebrate diversity in our employees and we’re committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace environment where we all can thrive. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage future Madwellians from traditionally underrepresented and underserved communities to apply.
No phone calls or recruiters please.