Who You Are
You’re a go-getter who goes above and beyond (a go-above-and-getter?). You’re buttoned up but still fully in touch with your oddball roots. You’re organized, proactive, and obsessed with knowing what your team needs before they do, sometimes in spite of themselves. A sworn people person, you love building relationships both inside the company and out. You’re the Receptionist we’ve been looking for, and we want you on our team.
What You’ll Do
As Madwell’s Receptionist, you’ll embrace an ever-changing workday. You’ll warmly welcome our clients and guests (both in person and on the phone), monitor resources and supplies, create budgets and plans for team events, and generally help to keep things running smoothly for a sizable team multidisciplinary superstars. You’ll report into our People & Culture team but work closely with many different folks every day.
Specifically, you’ll be:
- Keeping things running smoothly, happily, weirdly, funly, and festively around the office
- Answering phones, delivering mail, and welcoming guests
- Ensuring that the office is always clean and orderly (including acting as a point of contact for repair and cleaning services)
- Placing company orders and tracking deliveries related to materials, projects, and office supplies
- Preparing conference rooms for client meetings and resetting them afterward
- Managing inventory for, and stocking kitchen, office, and cleaning supplies
- Providing general administrative support, including assistance with budget reports, travel arrangements, and workstation setup for new hires
- Helping to plan team events and develop Madwell culture, including researching event vendors & locations and preparing budgets
- Performing other office support duties and responsibilities as needed
- Moderate to severe case of perfectionism and a strong work ethic (you can’t help but go above and beyond)
- Ability to interface with clients, vendors, job applicants, and other visitors with a high degree of professionalism and courtesy
- Self-motivated, hands-on, and participatory with strong results
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Flexible and responsive to changing priorities
- Able to maintain a high level of professionalism and secure sensitive information
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Proven ability to communicate interdepartmentally
Where You’ve Been
- Prior administrative/office management experience a must
Interested? Then Please:
- Your CV
- A nontraditional cover letter telling us why you want in on Madwell
We’re Madwell, a full-service creative agency headquartered in sunny Bushwick with sister offices in Denver and Hong Kong. Get to know us at Madwell.com.
Our Diversity Commitment
We celebrate diversity in our employees and we’re committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace environment where we all can thrive. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage future Madwellians from traditionally underrepresented and underserved communities to apply.
No phone calls or recruiters please.