Who You Are
You can tread water in a pixel ocean, devour a vector layer cake, and solve design problems on your feet. You know how to deepen your own skills while leading a team of designers to success (and client happiness). You're a critical thinker who likes to create cool stuff and have fun doing it, and you aren’t scared of playing in new mediums, whether digital, analog, interpersonal, or metaphysical.
What You’ll Do
As Senior Designer at Madwell you’ll be responsible for bringing ideas to life from initial ideation process through to execution, leading design teams along the way and championing their work.
- Brainstorm big ideas with the copy and design teams
- Bring those big ideas into a visual reality
- Establish high standards in process, design, and presentation
- Stay on top of all new techniques and trends in multichannel, multi-medium marketing efforts
- Collaborate with the creative, production, and accounts teams to understand fully client needs on all projects
- Clearly articulate your vision and provide insightful, efficient feedback to your team
- Direct the creation of visual assets with internal and external resources such as photographers, imagers, illustrators, animators, and developers
- Present ideas, strategy, process and plans clearly and effectively to internal teams and clients
- Manage time and workload for you and at times your team
- With your team (and sometimes on your own) you’ll bring ideas to life across time, space, and mediums
- Experience building and leading teams
- Natural strength as a problem solver, including a drive to find creative solutions to design and execution challenges
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote
- Mac-leaning but Windows-capable
- Packing a broad, deep understanding of typography, period & current styles, design theory, and best web practices
- Experience with front-end development/knowledge of CSS/HTML a serious plus
- Empathy, communication skills, and general nice-person-ness a must
Where You’ve Been
- 7+ professional design experience; agency experience preferred
Interested? Please Send Us:
- Your resume
- A nontraditional cover letter letting us know why you want in on Madwell
- A link to your portfolio
Our Diversity Commitment
We celebrate diversity in our employees and we’re committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace environment where we all can thrive. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage future Madwellians from traditionally underrepresented and underserved communities to apply.
We’re Madwell, a full-service creative agency located in Bushwick, Brooklyn and Denver, Colorado. Get to know us at Madwell.com.