Freelance Agile Project Manager
February - March 31, 2023
Who You Are
You’re a born organizer and a believer in a healthy Agile process. You enjoy leading teams through all the Agile ceremonies and release planning. You remove impediments, provide guidance and support Agile teams. You’re that rare transcendent being that lives at the corner of driven and personable. You have a deep understanding and expertise of web design and development.
What You’ll Do
As freelance Agile Project Manager at Madwell, you’ll be working alongside our strategy, creative, and development teams to manage and drive a steady flow of website projects from conception to delivery. You will manage the creative and development of 3-4 websites from UX through development.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Prioritize the user stories, and arrange user stories in the product backlog in Jira
- Supports the Product Owners with the creation, refinement, and prioritization of user stories within a product backlog.
- Manage the product's priorities in the planning and scoping of development sprints
- Lead meetings including: backlog planning, daily stand ups, demo review and retrospectives
- Mentors Product Owners and team members in Agile practices and continuous improvement
Communication and Guidance
- Identify and document acceptance criteria for application components
- Ensures the tracking and reporting of daily activities.
- Responsible for removing blockers that prevent a team from completing the work in a given sprint.
- Acts as a buffer between external distractions to minimize disruptions
- Communicate with counterparts on the Account Management team to be able to provide the client regular status updates
- Excels at conflict resolution; Accountable for resolution of escalated items
- Ability to conduct senior-level internal and client communication
- Effectively communicates complex information to the team and/or clients; knows how to distill most important details for senior leadership
- Knowledge of platforms such as Shopify and Wordpress and ability to work within the CMS
- Partner with creative and development team to align on solutions and best approaches for efficiently delivering websites within timeline and budget. Be able to understand what creative and dev implementations will push projects outside of the scoped budget and escalate appropriately.
- Able to step in and lead difficult discussions with the internal teams around a variety of issues leading to a resolution that's best suited for the outcome of a successful project (e.g., personal disputes, conflicting ways of working, etc.)
- Develops strong relationships with other discipline leads in order to ensure alignment across teams
Where You’ve Been
- At least 5 years as a digital project manager, scrum master or producer working on the design and development of websites
*Must be based in NYC area and able to commute to Madwell's Brooklyn office twice a week*