Who You Are
From its main streets to its rabbit holes, you know social media inside and out. You’re a thought leader attuned to new and emerging social trends; a weaver of clear, complete strategic visions. You can mine a narrative needle from a data haystack and you know how to help brands optimize content over time. You’re the Social Director we’re looking for and we want you on our team.
What You’ll Do
As a Social Director at Madwell, you’ll lead the development of brand-focused social strategies and executions and help bring them to life across channels. You’ll create social strategy for our clients that is entirely defensible agnostic of creative impulses or ideas: rooted in the intrinsics of specific platforms, best practices, statistics, previous performance data, and client business and marketing goals. You’ll also manage and mentor a close-knit team in the creation of healthy and successful social media strategies, content plans, and reporting and analysis.
Specifically, you’ll be:
- Developing insights-led, category-grounded social strategies which serve to inspire creative briefs and creative work
- Applying planning knowledge to client business, going beyond request parameters to proactively provide thoughtful, creative recommendations
- Shaping and presenting strategic insights, complete with analysis and implications, to your internal and client teams
- Working to optimize agency-wide social media best practice guidelines, processes, and policies across channels
- Keeping up expertise on our clients’ businesses, including their organizational structures and processes, as well as the current conditions in their industry and category best practices
- Working closely with your account and creative team counterparts to deliver holistic strategic briefs and plans
- Developing strong client relationships; and proactively defining relevant and innovative opportunities in the social landscape
- Developing new vendor relationships
- Owning social content for new business pitches
- A strategic thought leader in your sphere: you maintain an in-depth knowledge of your clients’ businesses and ensure they benefit from your fluency in innovations, channels, and trends
- A deep understanding of paid social media, media budgeting, and social analytics
- The ability to navigate both the creative and analytical sides of social media. You can tell stories with data (versus simply just reporting on the numbers) and know how to identify clear implications and recommendations
- The ability to communicate your ideas and strategies articulately and persuasively, both internally and externally
- A motivator: you’re encouraging of innovation and creativity throughout all projects and serve as a role model as such across your teams
- Deep knowledge of SEO and SEM and how help to drive scalability and cohesion with a strong content strategy
Where You’ve Been
- 5+ years of experience in social media at an agency or in-house
- 3+ years experience leading a team of social media strategists, planners, and analysts with the proven ability to grow people and teams
- Demonstrated experience establishing, developing, and growing client relationships and accounts
Interested? Send Us:
- Your CV
- A cover letter letting us why you want in on Madwell
We’re Madwell, a full-service creative agency headquartered in sunny Bushwick with sister offices in Denver and Hong Kong. Get to know us at Madwell.com.
Our Diversity Commitment
We celebrate diversity in our employees and we’re committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace environment where we all can thrive. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage future Madwellians from traditionally underrepresented and underserved communities to apply.
No phone calls or recruiters please.