Who You Are
You’re a writer’s writer fully at home in a social media world. A next-level concepter, communicator, and copywriter, you know how to shapeshift your tone while delivering work that’s fully attuned to the realities of the social context. You’re treasured by your teams, because while you love to work hard doing what you love, you value the people you work with even more. You’re the Social Copywriter we’ve been looking for, and we want you on our team.
What You’ll Do
As a Social Copywriter at Madwell, you’ll use your dual fluencies in Copywriting and Social Media to support one of our largest, most disruptive accounts. Embedded in the Copy team, you’ll work with teammates on both sides of the proverbial fence to brainstorm social campaign concepts and write for the brand across its social channels. As part of a 360° account serviced by an interdisciplinary team that spans two offices, you’ll work closely with partners in design, strategy, media, and others to ensure our social creative is working its hardest for the brand.
Specifically, you’ll be:
- Ideating social campaigns and writing both organic and paid social copy across channels for a large, fast-paced account
- Working with the wider creative team to ensure creative content succeeds on social while working with the social team to ensure all channels demonstrate best-in-class concepting and copywriting
- Framing and reflecting branded initiatives, activations, and other relevant content back to our follower community in a way that encourages engagement and conversation
- Contributing to realtime efforts including working with our community managers to ensure consistency in brand tone and outlook and turning around concepts and copy for realtime and trending social moments relevant to the brand
- Delivering work that's insights-driven while also fully respecting the nuances of the consumer experience
- Developing decks and presenting that work in collaboration with your teams, both internally and to the client
- Hitting the bullseye on brand voice and tone again and again
- Completing all assigned work on deadline and regularly communicating status updates to managers and teammates
- Experience creating content or managing content creation for one or more brands, including fluency in best practices for the major platforms and a point of view on what works creatively
- The ultimate command of the English language (words salute you)
- An understanding of how data and social KPIs inform concepts and creative output
- Proven ability to effortlessly flex and bend your tone to support any product or brand
- Comfortable representing yourself, your team, and your ideas in front of a group
- The eager, stubborn resolve needed to come at a problem again and again from different angles
- Wise to the nature of writing in advertising (with the thick skin to prove it)
- Even-keeled under pressure
- A tireless work ethic and sense of professional pride and purpose
- Equal parts confidence, humility, and desire to learn
- An objectively awesome human being
Where You’ve Been
- 3-5 years of professional writing experience, including social media specifically, either in-house or at an agency
Interested? Please Send Us:
- Your CV
- A nontraditional cover letter that involves zero copy-paste. We’re humans. Write to us.
- A link to your portfolio
We’re Madwell, a full-service creative agency headquartered in sunny Bushwick with sister offices in Denver and Hong Kong. Get to know us at Madwell.com.
Our Diversity Commitment
We celebrate diversity in our employees and we’re committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace environment where we all can thrive. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage future Madwellians from traditionally underrepresented and underserved communities to apply.
No phone calls or recruiters please.