Who You Are
You’re a critical thinker gifted with a healthy dose of curiosity, intellect and vision. You’re a strategist because you love solving complex problems and take a ‘can-do’ approach in your work that makes way for innovation. Your deep consumer knowledge allows you to distill complex data, then step back to tell a clear and compelling story for clients and your teammates alike.
What You’ll Do
As a Strategist at Madwell, you’ll be responsible for contributing to the development of strategies across all phases of the client relationship including initial brand strategies, ongoing campaigns, one-off activations, and new product launches. You’ll spend your time rolling up your sleeves to support your internal colleagues and facilitate the development of great work, ensuring that it’s well-informed and insightful, on strategy, and positioned for success in market. You’ll be our in-house expert on everything related to the client’s business, brand, and target audience and you’ll routinely identify new opportunities and insights to inspire our team. You’ll report into our Strategy Director.
Specifically, you’ll be:
- Developing, refining, and documenting brand strategies and campaign/comms strategies across one large account to start
- Getting to know our client’s business needs, and with our Strategy Director, delivering strategies that meet and exceed their objectives and KPIs
- Working together with internal and client partners to uncover and maintain a deep understanding of audience/consumer insights and behaviors
- Helping to guide creative teams, from creative brief through the evaluation of the creative output
- Partnering with Account Directors to uncover future opportunities for our clients
- Collecting and analyzing data, trends, and insights from secondary resources including Simmons, Google Analytics, and other learning platforms
- Supporting primary research efforts including researching methodologies, scheduling interviews and managing timelines, writing discussion guides and survey questions, and preparing materials for test.
- Collaborating with Media connections and Comms planning teams on mapping messaging and creative needs to consumer behaviors and media plans
- Writing and presenting reports, decks, or other client facing documentation
- Some experience across aspects relevant to strategy: brand, comms, social, paid media, experiential, digital, go to market, etc.
- Working knowledge of consumer insight tools and resources, and the ability to find scrappy ways to uncover helpful insights when tools aren’t available
- Experience in supporting or conducting qualitative and quantitative research
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment, think on your feet, and find creative solutions to time-sensitive problems.
Where You’ve Been
- 2-3 years working in a creative agency setting as a strategist or planner
Interested? Please Send Us:
- Your resume
- A nontraditional cover letter letting us know why you want in on Madwell
Our Diversity Commitment
We celebrate diversity in our employees and we’re committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace environment where we all can thrive. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage future Madwellians from traditionally underrepresented and underserved communities to apply.
No phone calls or recruiters please.