VP, People + Culture
- Brooklyn, NY
- Full Time
- People + Culture
- Senior Executive
VP, People + Culture
Who We Are
We’re Madwell, a full-service creative agency headquartered in sunny Bushwick with a sister office in Denver. Get to know us at Madwell.com.
Who You Are
You’re a people person, naturally and you pride yourself on helping others unlock their full potential. You will partner with the Chief Operating Officer, and other members of the People + Culture Team. You embrace new ways of working and implementing human-centered platforms and programs when building solutions that will enhance our employees' experience. You know a thing or two about what makes people tick, you thrive in a fast paced creative environment, are able to switch gears quickly and love solving problems and finding a solution to whatever the challenge.
What You’ll Do
You will play a crucial role in our employee experiences by enriching and enhancing our culture. In this role, you will develop strategies to improve engagement, and manage programs designed to foster it, such as performance management, diversity and inclusion, rewards and recognition programs, wellness programs, and any other programs or activities that result in a healthy, productive and fulfilling workplace culture.
- Collaborate with the COO and senior leadership to establish career development programs that support a sound plan of management succession that meets the organization's current and future needs
- Roll out company-wide and/or departmental action plans via Pulse Surveys within Lattice, mining the data to identify insights and execute annual action plans that materially improve y-o-y results
- Work closely with People partners in creating a continuous listening approach throughout the employee lifecycle
- Lead annual Performance Management Process continually assessing its effectiveness and making enhancements
- Work with Department Heads to develop job competencies and overall and update job descriptions
- Develop and manage Summer Internship Program with strong focus on diversity and inclusion
- Devise a strategy and implement programs that aim towards reducing turnover, increasing productivity and enhancing employee experience
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- You are an advocate and ally for diversity, equity and inclusion doing what it takes to improve the demographic of our workforce.
- Create and implement best practices and strategies to support diversity and inclusion strategies to support the company’s ambition and goals
- Oversee, manage, and champion annual diversity budget, ongoing workplan/strategy, and the pursuit of external partnerships
- Creates, captures, and reports on key DEI metrics with insights on causes and solutions
- Oversees the Talent Acquisition team, and jumps in to support as needed during high recruitment periods
- Participates in recruiting events, job fairs and career fairs, as needed
- You manage complex employee relations cases (disciplinaries, grievances, capability management, absence). Coaching and supporting managers and directors through any staffing issues with the view to finding a resolution at an informal stage
- Providing back up support for all benefit inquiries and onboarding set up and orientations
- Performs exit interviews for those leaving Madwell
- HRIS Management
Employee Experience / Culture
- Build strong partnership with Employee Resource Groups to help with retention and engagement efforts
- Create a roadmap centered around initiatives leveraging employee data to implement strategies that promote and achieve high engagement and a thriving culture
- Develop all staff communication strategies to support culture, performance, recognition, diversity and inclusion programs
- You understand employee safety, welfare and wellness and find the best solutions to support the care of our employees
Your Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrate strong communication and people skills (verbal, written and listening)
- Embrace design-thinking toolkits and a human-centered platforms when building solutions to enhance employee experience
- Exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities and detail oriented
- You are a confident asserting authority when needed, to ensure the right course of action is followed to both protect the business and serve employees.
- You are experienced in managing a number of projects, operating within tight deadlines and can prioritize conflicting needs to progress matters expeditiously and follow through on projects to successful completion
- You pride yourself on the ability to work independently in a high pace demanding environment on your own initiatives whilst being part of a wider team and are comfortable reaching up and down in your role.
- 10+ years of professional experience with a focus on employee engagement, employee experience, organizational effectiveness, or other related HR disciplines
- Experience in designing and deploying employee surveys and/or facilitation of company-wide post survey action planning
- Experience in leveraging existing tools and introducing new tools and platforms
Lines of Report
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
Direct reports: Sr. Talent Manager, HR Coordinator, Office Coordinator, Executive Assistant
Interested? Please Send Us:
- Your resume
- A cover letter letting us know why you want in on Madwell
Our Diversity Commitment
We celebrate diversity in our employees and we’re committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace environment where we all can thrive. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage future Madwellians from traditionally underrepresented and underserved communities to apply.
No phone calls or recruiters please.