Who You Are
You’re a born organizer and believer in healthy process. You admire efficiency and quality creative equally: you get your kicks advocating for good ideas while keeping things (and people!) running like clockwork. You’re that rare transcendent being that lives at the corner of driven and personable. You’re the Resource Manager we’re looking for, and you’re going to join our team.
What You’ll Do
As Resource Manager at Madwell, you’ll be responsible for staffing functions across the agency. You’ll ensure allocations are maintained and regular reporting is relevant and in place. Reporting to our VP of Production, you’ll use your excellent judgment, thoughtfulness and foresight to keep Madwell a well-oiled machine.
Specifically, you’ll be:
- Working with the VP of Production to forecast staffing needs, balancing hiring and freelancing budgets
- Evaluating creative talent needs across projects alongside department leads, creative directors and your peers in production, taking into consideration existing and future team makeup
- Working with our Head of People to develop headcount planning as well as assisting in processing freelance needs
- Running weekly resourcing meetings and facilitating resolution of resourcing issues as they arise with your Production peers and appropriate department leads
- Managing resourcing forecast software for all departments based on input from weekly meetings
- The on-the-ground expert for understanding the needs of current and upcoming projects
- Ensuring proper utilization across departments as well as actively scanning for project risks based on staffing allocations and developing a reporting mechanism to team leads
- Resolving or escalating any potential conflicts across projects
- Collaborating with producers to monitor schedules and project needs
- Communicating with leadership on staffing plans and progress
- Reviewing time-tracking reporting weekly and ensuring all employees complete each week
- An unshakeable desire to keep things organized against all odds
- Understanding of the fundamentals of project management
- Deep knowledge of full-service creative agency needs, including understanding at a high-level how digital, print, social, and video are concepted, designed and produced
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet manner
- Strong leadership qualities and negotiation skills
- The eager, stubborn resolve needed to come at a problem again and again from different angles
- Strong independent work style (and a bonafide people person)
- The ability to clearly articulate your ideas, both verbally and in written form
- Exceptional critical thinking skills; able to balance the analytical with the creative
- Fluent in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Where You’ve Been
- 4+ years in resource management role in a creative agency environment
Interested? Please Send Us:
- Your resume
- A nontraditional cover letter letting us know why you want in on Madwell
We’re Madwell, a full-service creative agency headquartered in sunny Bushwick with sister offices in Denver and Hong Kong. Get to know us at Madwell.com.
Our Diversity Commitment
We celebrate diversity in our employees and we’re committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace environment where we all can thrive. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage future Madwellians from traditionally underrepresented and underserved communities to apply.
No phone calls or recruiters please.