Who We Are
We’re Madwell, a full-service creative agency headquartered in sunny Bushwick with sister offices in Denver and Hong Kong. Get to know us at Madwell.com.
Who You Are
You’re an experienced and self-aware writer/concepter. Thanks to a few years in the game, you can officially mostly wrangle the uncertain beast that is your own creativity. You write well, a lot, and fast, calmly balancing quality and quantity at every turn. You’re a strong teammate, a generous communicator, and a strategic mind, insightful enough to locate a brand or human truth and confident enough to share that truth with your clients and your team. You’re the Senior Copywriter we’ve been looking for, and we want you on our team.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Copywriter at Madwell, you’ll be ideating and writing across mediums. You’ll take ownership over the quality and integrity of your work from concept to delivery, maintaining a core message along the way—while guiding junior and mid-level writers to do the same. Working across a variety of accounts, you’ll work closely with partners in design, strategy, social, media, and development to get your message through.
Specifically, you’ll be:
- Helping to lead ideation and cross-medium copywriting
- Developing decks and presenting your work in collaboration with your teams
- Working with AM/PM teammates to ensure smooth comms and Copy workflows and delegating and prioritizing tasks with other writers on the team
- Guiding junior and mid-level writers, including reviewing and feeding back on work as needed
- Helping to unearth strategic insights and working with your teams to convert them into compelling creative
- Ensuring your work is always on tone, on brand, and on time
- Combing your work (and others’) for logic, grammar, and consistency
- Completing all assigned work on deadline and regularly communicating status updates to managers and teammates
- The ultimate command of the English language (words salute you)
- Proven ability to effortlessly flex and bend your tone to support any product or brand
- Comfortable representing yourself, your team, and your ideas in front of a group
- Proven experience overseeing and developing other writers
- The eager, stubborn resolve to approach a problem again and again from different angles
- Wise to the nature of writing in advertising (with the thick skin to prove it)
- Even-keeled under pressure
- A tireless work ethic and sense of professional pride and purpose
- Still in possession of a “Wouldn’t it be cool if…” outlook on life
- Equal parts confidence, humility, empathy, and desire to learn
- An objectively awesome human being
What We Offer
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including a subscription to One Medical
- Generous vacation policy
- Retirement plan with matching
- Performance-based bonuses
- 12 weeks paid parental leave as a proud member of Pledge Parental Leave
- Commuter benefits
- Team and company outings and events
- Monday morning brunch, free snacks, and coffee & beer on tap
- Pet-friendly offices
Where You’ve Been
- 5+ years of professional writing experience; agency experience is preferred but not required
Interested? Please Send Us:
- Your CV
- A nontraditional cover letter that involves zero copy-paste. We’re humans. Write to us.
- A link to your portfolio
Our Diversity Commitment
We celebrate diversity in our employees and we’re committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace environment where we all can thrive. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage future Madwellians from traditionally underrepresented and underserved communities to apply.
No phone calls or recruiters please.