Senior Front End Web Developer (React)
- Brooklyn, NY
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Who We Are
We’re Madwell, a full-service creative agency headquartered in sunny Bushwick with a sister office in Denver. Get to know us at Madwell.com
Who You Are
You like developing in all forms, whether that’s working with driven creative teams to bring cutting edge websites and apps to life across a variety of industries and aesthetics, or developing developers as a mentor. You’re learning obsessed: you know that more important than individual technologies is your ability to adapt and apply innovative web development at every step. You’re the Developer we’ve been looking for and we want you on our team.
What You’ll Do
As a Developer at Madwell, you’ll be working as part of an integrated team to shorten the runway between smart, interesting brands and beautiful creative that can work in any medium. Reporting directly to our Director of Technology, you’ll work across several client accounts and work with others in our dev team along the way. This role is based in our Brooklyn, New York office, but is remote a few days a week.
Specifically you’ll be:
- Working in a creative team setting to ideate and develop strong creative ideas including planning, designing, and ultimately building our digital platforms
- Taking initiative to maintain strong knowledge of and keen interest in emerging tools and technologies
- Working in Agile and Jira to optimize how our teams work
- Creating frequent pull requests to gain insight from other team members as well as communicate deliverables by showing what is complete.
- Helping to translate client feedback into clear next steps, often with Accounts and/or Production
- Able to create semantically correct and accessible HTML
- Ability to diagnose front-end performance bottlenecks and implement optimizations
- Comfortable with the modern frontend ecosystem, including experience with npm and package bundlers
- Complete understanding of git branching, merging and rebasing
- Experience with WordPress and PHP a plus
- Excellent analytical and communication skills to share your ideas with the team and our clients
What We Offer
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including a subscription to One Medical
- Generous vacation policy
- Retirement plan with matching
- Performance-based bonuses
- 12 weeks paid parental leave as a proud member of Pledge Parental Leave
- Commuter benefits
- Team and company outings and events
- Monday morning brunch, free snacks, and coffee & beer on tap
- Pet-friendly offices
Where You’ve Been
- 5+ years of professional experience with Web Development
- BA/BS degree or higher, preferably in CS or a related field
Interested? Please Send Us:
- Your CV
- A cover letter letting us know why you want in on Madwell
Our Diversity Commitment
We celebrate diversity in our employees and we’re committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace environment where we all can thrive. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage future Madwellians from traditionally underrepresented and underserved communities to apply.
No phone calls or recruiters please.