We’re Madwell, a full-service creative agency headquartered in sunny Bushwick with sister offices in Denver and Hong Kong. Get to know us at Madwell.com.
Who You Are
You’re a critical thinker and creative problem solver with a boatload of effective, original work to show for yourself. Comfortable across mediums, you aren’t scared of playing in new ones as they emerge over time. You know from experience what it takes to run a tight creative ship, and you’re ready to guide other designers toward the light. You’re comfortable enough drawing strategic conclusions to articulate and act on them, confident enough in your skills and point of view to move work forward with the client (with and without oversight), and collaborative enough to value being a strong, dependable partner to the folks on your team. You’re the Senior Designer we’ve been looking for and we want you on our team.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Designer at Madwell, you’ll own and lead projects, workstreams, and occasionally even accounts. You’ll be responsible for maintaining high quality in your own work and, with the guidance of your Design Director, you’ll provide direction in both the strategy and craft of design in the service of meeting client needs. You’ll represent your work both internally and in client meetings, articulating your design decisions and the strategy behind your thinking.
Specifically, you’ll be:
- Working with your Design Director to run workstreams and, when necessary, owning those workstreams independently or with minimal oversight
- Helping other designers interpret direction and feedback in order to execute adventurous, smart, strategically sound work on time and on budget
- Continuing to serve up consistently awesome concepts and creative of your own
- Interacting with the client to represent your work and the thinking behind it
- Working closely with other creatives and with creative directors, account managers, producers to ensure an integrated approach to client needs and feedback
- Learning to manage and resolve creative conflict internally and with the client
- Managing your own time and workload and helping to do the same for other designers on your accounts and/or workstreams
- Maintaining high standards in process and presentation, independently, within your account team, and across the department
- Staying on top of new techniques and trends in multichannel, multi-medium marketing efforts
- Contributing to pitches and new business as needed
- Proven track record of compelling design and conceptual thinking across multiple channels for multiple clients
- A strong grasp of design theory and best practices
- Proven ability to run a project independently or with minimal oversight
- Aptitude for and interest in managing designers (as opposed to doing the work for them)
- Fluency across mediums; able to think and work in a medium-agnostic way
- Excellent communication skills; able to clearly articulate your vision to clients and provide insightful, efficient feedback to your team, both in person and in writing
- Adaptable, proactive approach to problem solving
- Comfortable directing the creation of visual assets with external resources (e.g., photographers, imagers, illustrators, animators, developers)
- Phenomenal work ethic
Where You’ve Been
- 7+ years of professional design experience; creative agency experience is preferred but not required
Interested? Please Send Us:
- Your CV
- A nontraditional cover letter telling us why you want in on Madwell
- A link to your portfolio
Our Diversity Commitment
We celebrate diversity in our employees and we’re committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace environment where we all can thrive. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage future Madwellians from traditionally underrepresented and underserved communities to apply.
No phone calls or recruiters please.