Who You Are
You’re an experienced and self-aware writer/concepter who knows the ins and outs of agency. You write well, a lot, and fast, calmly balancing quality and quantity at every turn. You’re a generous communicator and strategic mind, insightful enough to locate a brand or human truth and confident enough to share that with your clients, team, and mentees. You’re well into your career and you’ve got the ambition, talent and maturity to function beyond your title… to act as the Associate Creative Director you want to become in the next few years. You’re the Senior Copywriter we’ve been looking for, and we want you on our team.
What You’ll Do
Madwell is a full-service agency, so you’ll be ideating and writing across mediums (OOH, packaging, experiential, social, video—the works). You’ll take ownership over the quality and integrity of your work from concept to delivery, maintaining the core message along the way. You’ll work closely with clients and partners in design, strategy, social, media, and development (as well as other writers) to get that message through.
Specifically, you’ll be:
- Leading ideation and writing cross-medium copy for a portfolio of accounts
- Developing decks and presenting your work in collaboration with your teams
- Working with AM/PM partners to ensure smooth comms and Copy workflows and delegating and prioritizing tasks with writers on your team
- Helping to unearth strategic insights and working with your teams to convert them into compelling creative
- Ensuring your work is always on tone, on brand, and on time
- Guiding junior and midlevel writers on the team, including reviewing and feeding back on work as needed
- Contributing to new business pitches and proposals as needed
- Combing your work (and others’) for logic, grammar, and consistency
- Completing all assigned work on deadline and regularly communicating status updates to managers and teammates
- The ultimate command of the English language (words salute you)
- Proven ability to effortlessly flex and bend your tone to support any product or brand
- Comfortable representing yourself, your team, and your ideas in front of a group
- The eager, stubborn resolve to approach a problem again and again from different angles
- Wise to the nature of writing in advertising (with the thick skin to prove it)
- Even-keeled under pressure
- A tireless work ethic and sense of professional pride and purpose
- Still in possession of a “Wouldn’t it be cool if…” outlook on life
- Equal parts confidence, humility, empathy, and desire to learn
- An objectively awesome human being
- 7+ years of professional writing experience; agency experience preferred
Interested? Send Us:
- Your CV
- A nontraditional cover letter that involves zero copy-paste. We’re humans. Write to us.
- A link to your portfolio
Our Diversity Commitment
We celebrate diversity in our employees and we’re committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace environment where we all can thrive. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage future Madwellians from traditionally underrepresented and underserved communities to apply.
We’re Madwell, a full-service creative agency located in Denver, Colorado and Bushwick, Brooklyn. Get to know us at Madwell.com.