Who We Are
We’re Madwell, a full-service creative agency headquartered in sunny Bushwick with sister offices in Denver and Hong Kong. Get to know us at Madwell.com.
Who You Are
You have an insatiable curiosity for culture, technology and emerging platforms; a weaver of clear, complete strategic visions. You can mine a narrative needle from a data haystack and you know how to help brands optimize reach over time. You’re the Comms Strategy Director we’re looking for and we want you on our team.
What You’ll Do
As a Comms Strategy Director at Madwell you’ll work on one of our largest and most disruptive accounts. You’ll use your deep knowledge of consumer, technology and culture and bring to life holistic messaging with your partners in design, strategy, social, media, development.
You’ll balance your time between rolling up your sleeves to work with your internal colleagues and working directly with the client and agency partners to sell, promote, and defend our work. You’ll be our in-house expert on everything related to the client’s business, brand, and consumer and you’ll routinely identify new opportunities and insights to inspire our team. As an experienced comms strategist, you’ll utilize our existing tools and processes while adding your own unique expertise to ours, leading and mentoring others along the way.
Specifically, you’ll be:
- Driving innovation at the campaign level, using insights leveraged from data (Google Analytics, MRI, ComScore, and other platforms) to inform creative and media teams from idea development to execution
- Overseeing all phases of campaigns: developing, refining, and documenting campaign strategies and communications plans
- Mining for unexpected touchpoints and truths to surface up intended audience across funnel
- Listening to our client’s business needs, and delivering strategies that meet and exceed their objectives and KPIs
- Driving teams to think differently about how to leverage existing and emerging media channels to push brand engagement
- Developing and maintaining the consumer profile for creative and strategy teams to foster a deep understanding of audience/consumer
- Mapping the customer journey to identify key messaging touchpoints through comms journey maps and the nuances across the path-to-purchase funnel
- Collaborating with Media and Social teams on strategic planning and mapping messaging and creative needs to media plans
- Writing and presenting reports, decks, or other client facing documentation
- Deep yet varied experience across many aspects of strategy: brand, comms, social, paid media, experiential, digital, go to market, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of consumer insight tools and resources (Simmons, web analytics, Google Analytics)
- Working knowledge of Google AdWords, Facebook, DSPs
- Deep knowledge of social best practices, current and emerging platforms
- Proven ability to build and document brand and marketing strategies, working on large brands
- Experience working with VP and executive level clients
What We Offer
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including a subscription to One Medical
- Generous vacation policy, plus the week off between Christmas and New Year's
- Retirement plan with matching
- Performance-based bonuses
- 12 weeks paid parental leave as a proud member of Pledge PL, plus 4 weeks of optional flexible work arrangements
- Commuter benefits
- Team and company outings and events
- Monday morning brunch, free snacks, and coffee & beer on tap
- Pet-friendly offices
Where You’ve Been
- 7+ years working in comms strategy ideally in a creative agency setting
- Experience working with disruptor brands across categories
Interested? Please Send Us:
- Your resume
- A nontraditional cover letter letting us know why you want in on Madwell
Our Diversity Commitment
We celebrate diversity in our employees and we’re committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace environment where we all can thrive. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage future Madwellians from traditionally underrepresented and underserved communities to apply.
No phone calls or recruiters please.